Membership is open to all the staff and the students of NEFTU University.
The working hours of the University Libraries are as follows:
All government/ University holidays will be observed
|Category||No. Books Issued||Duration|
|Teaching Staff||6||Full semester|
|Supporting Staff Programmers Lab Assistants||42||15 days|
|Student Members Under Graduate Post Graduate Research Scholars||344||15 days|
Members are responsible for all the books borrowed on their cards. All final year student members should get “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the University Library. The Course Completion/Mark Sheet, Degree Certificate will be given only on production of the NOC from the University Library. Similarly, the staff members who intend to leave the University should settle all the dues including the ID cards and obtain a “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the University Librarian.
Loss of ID Cards
- Loss of ID cards should be reported immediately to the University Library and ID Number has to be blocked in the Library to avoid misuse of the card
- Duplicate cards will be issued by the concerned Department on payment of applicable fine through Demand Draft in favor of NEFTU – and on giving an undertaking that they will continue to be held responsible for any loss arising from inadvertent use or misuse of the card lost.
Issue and Return of Books
- Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 15 days only. For teachers, the loan period is one full semester
- Reference Books, Encyclopaedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, Student Project Report, Dissertations, Theses and Back Volumes will not be issued and
They Are Only For Reference
- Two renewals will be permitted if there are no reservations against these books. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible
- Books that are in special demand shall be lent for shorter periods as may be necessary and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required
- Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books
- Members are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book
- A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Rs.10/- will be collected as overdue charge per day
- Undue delay in returning the books will result in the cancellation of membership
Loss of Books
Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any. In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty three times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.
- All members should display their identity cards prominently and it should be produced to the security if required
- Personal books, files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of papers) are not allowed inside the library. Members have to deposit their personal belongings at the Property Counter near the entrance
- Silence should be observed strictly inside the library
- Using of Cell Phones inside the library is prohibited
- A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books or other University properties. He/she will be required to replace the book or other damaged property
- Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action
- Any marking or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited. If any damage/marking is found, the member should replace the book
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, the decision of the authorities of the University in all matters shall be final and binding